Sunday, March 21, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies


I've never been a huge cookie person. Chocolate chip and sometimes oatmeal raisin were pretty much the only ones I actually liked and would bother making. But despite my seemingly ambivalent nature towards the food, I have been known to get some killer cravings for them. These cravings aren't the types that bubble under the surface for a while and then slowly become less managable to resist. No, these cravings are the aggressive "NEED COOKIES NOW" ones that come when I'm least expecting them. One of these cravings happened the other night, unfortunately it came during on of my all too frequent cabinet draughts. Not a cup o' flour or sprinkle o' chips in sight. I decided, with my flatmate, Aimee, that we'd make the best god damn chocolate cookies the next day when we had all the ingredients.

We used Isa's recipe from VWAV. I was a bit worried about the dough; it was awfully crumbly and not at all the consistency of most cookie dough. More vigorous mixing helped a little, but we found that it was easiest just to grab the dough and mold it by hand. The cookies turned out phenomenal! If you can resist the urge to eat them straight out of the oven, I promise they taste 100x better if you let them sit and cool to room temperature. Sounds crazy, right? After all, fresh out of the oven cookies are supposed to be the product of angels! Just trust me on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment