Thursday, March 25, 2010
"Aubergine" is a much nicer word than "eggplant"..
This is Aimee's (my omni, but vegan curious flatmate) recipe.
Vegan Aubergine Curry 3 servings (or 2 if you're hungry)
1 medium sized aubergine
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
curry paste (refer to jar to see how much to put in)
1 can chopped tomatoes
a few generous handfuls of fresh spinach
- Prick and rub oil on 1 aubergine. Bake for 45 min-1 hour.
- Chop one onion and a clove of garlic and fry in oil until soft.
- When aubergine is done baking, cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh.
- Add curry paste and aubergine flesh to onions and stir.
- Add a can of tomatos and simmer for 20 min.
- Add spinach and let it wilt a bit. Keep adding and wilting until all the spinach leaves are incorporated.
Serve over rice.