Monday, October 26, 2009

Carrot and Potato Curry

One of my favorite things to do is experiment with different curries. They're so easy and versatile and...OH! I heart them so much. Tonight I tried a new one using carrots, potatos, and peas and the main ingredients. I didn't measure anything, but I'll write down basically what I did so you can try it. It was amaaaazing! Seriously, the picture does not do it justice! Sweet, tangy, and savory all in one. Mmmm...


canola oil (to sautee the onions)
1 onion
3 carrots (peeled and grated)
2 potatoes (peeled and cut into cubes)
frozen peas
soy milk
garlic paste
ginger paste (you can use fresh garlic and ginger, but I use these to save time)
soy sauce
~ tbs curry powder

While you're sauteeing the onions, put the potatoes into boiling water until soft. Once the onions are transluscent, add the grated carrots and a few splashes of soy milk. Bring to a soft boil, and the peas, and reduce to a simmer. Squeeze in some garlic and ginger paste (I tend to be preeeetty liberal with the ginger), curry powder, and a splash of soy sauce. Let simmer for a while until slightly thickened. I served mine with quinoa, but rice or clear noodles would also work well.

No comments:

Post a Comment